125g/4oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
About 4 tablespoons Cold Water
2 Rashers (chopped)
1 small Onion (thinly sliced)
50g/2oz grated Cheddar Cheese
1 Tomato (sliced)
150ml/ 1/4 pint Milk
Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Lightly grease a 24cm/9” flan dish.
- Sieve flour into a bowl. Coarsely rub in the margarine. Add sufficient water to give a soft but not sticky dough.
- Lightly roll the pastry on a floured board, then roll it out and use to line the flan dish.
- Spread the rashers, onion and cheese on the base and arrange the tomato slices on top.
- Beat the eggs, milk and pepper together and pour over the filling in the flan dish.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until filling is “set” and golden brown.
- Serve with a nice green salad.