350g/12oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal
25g/1oz Odlums Wheat Germ
Pinch of Salt
1 teaspoon Odlums Bread Soda (sieved)
1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
300ml / 1/2 pint Milk
125g Carton Hazelnut Yoghurt
1 tablespoon Treacle
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Put wholemeal, wheat germ, salt and sieved bread soda into a mixing bowl and mix well together.
- Add the oil, milk, yoghurt and treacle, stir until well blended. Mixture will be quite “wet”.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour. Bread is baked when tapped underneath and it has a hollow sound.
- Wrap in a clean tea towel and allow to cool.
- Bread cuts better if left until the next day.
Variation: Sprinkle Odlums Oatflakes, Pinhead or sesame seeds on top of dough before baking.