Ingredients200g/7oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
2 Tablespoons Cocoa
1 Level Teaspoon Baking Powder
125g/4oz Butter (room temperature)
75g/3oz Shamrock Light Muscovado Sugar
Few drops Vanilla Essence
100g Packet Shamrock Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 190°/375°F/Gas 5. Large flat baking sheet or tray.
- Place the butter and sugars into a large mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence and beat well. Sieve the flour, cocoa and baking powder into the creamed mixture and mix well to form a thick dough.
- For each cookie, with floured hands, shape about a tablespoon of dough around 1 Rolo, covering completely. Roll into a ‘ball’.
- Press one side of each ball into the walnuts, if used.
- Place cookies about 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes until ‘set’ and slightly cracked.
- Cool for 2 minutes; remove from tin and cool on wire tray.
- Once cooled store in an airtight container.