Pastry225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
Salt & Pepper
Filling1 Leek (125g/4oz) cleaned and thinly sliced
1 Tablespoon Roma Olive Oil
100g Packet Sliced Smoked Salmon (chopped)
200g Tub Philadelphia Soft Cheese (Light)
150ml/¼ pt Milk
Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/ Gas 5. Lightly grease a 26cms/10″ flan dish 12 deep large muffin tins.
- Put flour, salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl. Coarsely rub in the margarine; gradually add sufficient water (about 4 tablespoons) to mix to a soft dough with a knife.
- Lightly knead the dough on a floured board. Wrap in cling film and place in fridge while preparing the filling.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry leeks until soft. Remove from heat and allow to cool a little. Meanwhile, beat together the Philadelphia, eggs, milk and pepper.
- Remove pastry from fridge and roll on a lightly floured surface large enough to neatly fit into flan dish. Layer cooled leeks and smoked salmon in pastry. Pour in the liquid ingredients.
- Bake for 45 minutes approx. until ‘risen’ and firm to the touch. Remove from oven and allow to ‘stand’ for 10 minutes before slicing and serving with a salad.