Ingredients250g / 8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
125g / 4oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
50g / 2oz Shamrock Chocolate Chips
1 level tsp Odlums Baking Powder
12g / ¼oz Cocoa
1 large Egg
150ml / ¼ pint Milk
½ tsp Goodall’s Vanilla Essence
125g / 4oz Butter
To DecorateRowse Honey or Fruitfield Jam
Shamrock Chocolate Chips
Smarties or jelly tots
Pretzel sticks or Liquorice laces
- Preheat oven to 175°C/325°F/Gas 3.
- Melt butter and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- Mix the egg, milk and vanilla essence into the cooled butter.
- Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix to make a very soft mixture.
- Spoon into bun cases, making each case about two thirds full.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
To make spooky spiders, spread honey or jam on cooled buns and top with chocolate chips. Insert 8 pretzel sticks or liquorice laces into the sides of each bun for the legs, and add 2 smarties or jelly tots for eyes.