Ingredients:175g/6oz Odlums Cream plain Flour
50g/2oz Caster Sugar
125g/4oz Butter (at room temperature)
Icing Sugar for dredging
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas4. Lightly grease a flat baking tray.
- Put the flour and sugar into a bowl. Add the butter and rub into the dry ingredients, continue until mixture forms a dough.
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface and gently knead. Next roll out to 5mm / 1/4″ thickness. Cut into 8cm / 3″ rounds or heart shapes; this will make about 12. Place on the prepared tin and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes until a pale brown colour. Keep an eye on them as they burn very easily!
- Leave on tin for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire tray to cool completely. Once cold, store in an airtight tin.
- To Serve: Spread a little cream on a biscuit then a few slices of strawberry and top with another biscuit. Finally, dust with some icing sugar.