225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
175g/6oz Butter (room temperature)
175g/6oz Caster Sugar
3 large Eggs (room temperature)
1 Teaspoon Goodall’s Vanilla Extract/Essence
2 Tablespoons Cold Water
300ml/½pt Fresh Cream (whipped)
125g/4oz Strawberry Jam
Melted Chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Line a muffin tray with 12 paper cases.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then add the vanilla and water.
- Sieve the flour into the mixture and gently mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown and nicely risen.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire tray. When cold cut off the tops.
- Place some cream on top of bun, then a ‘strip’ of jam. Cut the ‘tops’ in half and place on buns to form ‘wings’ of butterfly. Put a Strawberry on top of each then drizzle with melted chocolate if liked!!