150g/5oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
75g/3oz Odlums Porridge Oatflakes
125g/4oz Butter (at room temperature)
1 teaspoon Goodall’s Vanilla Essence
125g/4oz Shamrock Light Muscovado Sugar
100g Pack Shamrock Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Lightly grease two baking trays.
- Put the margarine and sugar into a bowl and beat until mixture is smooth.
- Add the egg and the vanilla essence and beat again.
- Finally stir in the flour, oatflakes and chopped chocolate. Mixture will be very stiff.
- Place spoonfuls of mixture on the baking trays, leaving a space between each to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until beginning to turn golden brown. Cool for 2 or 3 minutes on the baking tray, then, transfer to a wire tray to cool completely.
- As soon as cold, transfer to an airtight container to store. Enjoy!