65g/2 ½oz Odlums Strong White Flour
150ml/ ¼ pint Water
Pinch of Salt
2 Eggs (beaten)
50g/2oz Chocolate, melted with 25g/1oz Margarine
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
1. Preheat an oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 and grease a flat baking tray.
2. Place water and margarine into a saucepan over a low heat until margarine melts.
3. Bring to a brisk boil.
4. Reduce heat and add sieved flour and salt.
5. Stir briskly until mixture forms a soft dough and leaves sides of saucepan. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
6. Add the eggs gradually and beat until mixture is smooth and shiny.
7. Transfer mixture to a piping bag, fitted with a 1/2” plain nozzle.
8. Pipe 4” lengths of mixture (well spaced) onto the prepared tray. If piping bag is not available, just spoon mixture onto tray!
9. Bake for 20 minutes approx, until well risen and golden brown in colour.
10. Remove from oven and slit along one side. Cool on wire tray.
11. When cold, fill with whipped cream and spread with chocolate on top.
Note: Odlums Cream Plain Flour can replace Strong flour.