275g/10oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
1 level teaspoon Bread Soda (sieved)
125g/4oz Caster Sugar
125g/4oz Butter (room temperature)
125g carton Natural Yogurt
Rind of 1 Orange
2 tablespoons Orange Juice
50g/2oz Dates (chopped)
100g packet Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until smooth and creamy.
- Add the yogurt, orange rind, juice and eggs. Continue beating until well mixed.
- Next, add the flour and sieved bread soda and beat on low speed.
- Finally, add the dates and walnuts and gently stir until well mixed.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for about 45 minutes until well risen and knife inserted comes out clean!
- Remove from oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire tray to cool.
For easier slicing, wrap bread (when cold) tightly in foil or plastic food wrap and store over night.
Dates may be replaced with chopped apricots!
- Flavoured yogurt may replace natural flavour!
- Tip: If Farmhouse Brown Quick Bread not available, you can use Odlums Brown Bread Mix instead. Add seeds and nuts, as across.