350g/12oz/3 Teacups Odlums Coarse Wholemeal
125g/4oz/1Teacup Odlums Cream Plain Flour
1 Teaspoon Shamrock Bread Soda
125g/4oz/Scant Teacup Shamrock Diced Apricots
50g/2oz/Half a Teacup Dried Cranberries
50g/2oz/Half a Teacup Sesame Seeds
125g Tub Natural Yogurt
1 Tablespoon Sunflower Oil
1 Egg (beaten)
- Preheat oven to 190°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Put the wholemeal, cream flour and sieved bread soda into a large mixing bowl. Mix well together, lifting as you do to introduce ‘air’.
- Add the apricots, cranberries and sesame seeds and again mix well to combine.
- Beat the milk, yogurt, oil and egg together and add to the dry ingredients. Stir well until all dry mixture is combined and ‘wet’ looking.
- Transfer to prepared tin, smooth top with back of spoon, lightly dust with flour. Make a deep cut lengthways down the centre of the loaf.
- Put into preheated oven and bake for about an hour until risen and golden brown. Bread is baked when tapped underneath and has a hollow sound.
- Wrap in clean tea towel until cool.