75g/3oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
175g/6oz Shamrock Light Muscovado Sugar
3 Eggs (lightly beaten)
1 tsp Goodall’s Mixed Spice
500g Shamrock Raisins / Sultanas
1 apple (grated)
100g packet Shamrock Ground Almonds
1 bottle Irish stout (½ pint)
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add lightly beaten eggs and mix well.
- Stir in sieved flour and mixed spice.
- Next add sultanas, raisins, grated apple and ground almonds. Mix well.
- Finally, add breadcrumbs and stout.
- Stir well, cover and leave to stand overnight.
- Lightly butter 6 teacups. Divide mixture between them and cover with greaseproof paper and wrap in tin foil. Steam as below.
To Steam in oven
Preheat oven to 300°F/150°C/Gas 2. Put two long strips of tin foil crosswise on work top. Place a roasting tin on foil. Sit the cups into tin and fill with boiling water until halfway up the cups.
Then quickly bring the foil around the tin to form a parcel, which should be airtight to prevent any steam escaping.
Steam for 2 hours. There is no need to top up with water during cooking.
Makes 6 mini puddings – Enjoy!