150g/5oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
Good Pinch Odlums Bread Soda
50g/2oz Odlums Porridge Oatflakes
125g/4oz Butter (room temperature)
125g/4oz Shamrock Light Brown Sugar
50g/2oz Shamrock Desiccated Coconut
125g/4oz Salted Peanuts
25g/1oz Crushed Corn Flakes
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Lightly grease two flat baking trays.
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Gently mix in the flour and the bread soda.
- Finally, add in the oatflakes, coconut, peanuts and corn flakes and mix well.
- Drop heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto the prepared tins (allowing room for spreading)
Bake for about 12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave in tins to ‘set’ then gently transfer to wire tray to get cold. Store in an airtight container.