350g/12oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal
1 level Teaspoon Bread Soda
1 Level Teaspoon Cream of Tarter
1 Level Teaspoon Cinnamon
75g/3oz Margarine or Butter (room temperature)
175g/6oz Shamrock stoneless Prunes (chopped)
125g/4oz Shamrock Light Muscavado Sugar
100g Packet Shamrock Chopped Walnuts
150ml/ 1/4pt Low Fat Milk
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas 4. Lightly grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Put the wholemeal flour into a bowl and sieve in the soda, cream of tartar and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Using fingertips rub the margarine or butter into the dry ingredients until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the prunes, sugar and walnuts. Beat the egg and milk together and add to the mixture in the bowl. Mix to a stiff dough. Transfer to the prepared tin and smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until risen and when tapped underneath should have a hollow sound.
- Leave in tin to cool then turn onto wire tray to get cold.