Ingredients:50g / 2oz Odlums Self Raising Flour 125g / 4oz Brown Sugar 125g / 4oz Margarine 2 Eggs 1 teaspoon Cinnamon 1 packet (375g) Fruit Mix 1 tub (100g) Cherries 125g / 4oz Breadcrumbs 300ml / 1/2 pint Stout
- Beat margarine and sugar together, add the eggs and mix well.
- Stir in the flour and cinnamon, next add the fruit and cherries. Mix well.
- Finally, add the breadcrumbs and stout, stir well.
- Cover and allow to stand overnight.
- Next day, transfer to a greased 1 litre / 2 pint pudding bowl.
- Steam for about 6 hours.
To steam pudding in oven
- Preheat oven to 150°C / 300°F / Gas 2.
- Put two long strips of tin foil crosswise on work top. Place roasting tin on foil.
- Sit pudding bowl into the tin and fill with boiling water to within 1″ of the top of tin. Quickly bring the foil around to form a parcel, which should be airtight to prevent any of the steam escaping.
- Steam for 6 hours.
There is no need to top up with water during cooking.