Ingredients:500g / 1lb 2oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
2 Onions (finely chopped)
2 tablespoons Sunflower Oil
Pinch Chilli Powder
2 tablespoons Chopped Chives
50g / 2oz Pitted Green Olives (finely chopped)
300ml / 1/2 pint Milk
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease a flat baking sheet.
- Fry onions in the oil until softened. Onions and oil can also be cooked in microwave, about 2 minutes, depending on power of micro!
- Meanwhile put the flour, salt, chilli powder, chives and green olives into a large mixing bowl and combine well together.
- Beat the eggs and milk. Add the onions, egg and milk to the dry ingredients and mix to a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead gently. Shape dough into an oval and place on the prepared tin.
- Using a sharp knife, score the top of dough with several slashes.
- Bake for about 35 – 40 minutes, or until slightly risen and golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire tray to cool.