175g/6oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
50g/2oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal
1 level Teaspoon Odlums Baking Powder
Pinch Cayenne Pepper
Pinch Mustard Powder
50g/2oz Feta Cheese (cut into small cubes)
50g/2oz Sun Dried Tomatoes (drained, but keep the oil! Thinly slice them)
2 tablespoons Chopped Basil
1 large egg (beaten)
2 Tablespoons of the oil from Tomatoes
2 to 3 Tablespoons of Milk
Milk for brushing
25g/1oz Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Dust a flat baking tray with some flour.
- Sieve the flours, baking powder, pepper and mustard into a large bowl, tip the bran left in the sieve onto the other dry ingredients.
- Mix in the cheese and tomatoes. Combine the oil and milk with the egg.
- Add sufficient liquid to the dry ingredients to form a nice soft dough, but not sticky!
- Turn onto a floured board and roll dough to an inch/2½cms. Put the baking tray into the oven to heat while cutting the scones with a 2”/5cms cutter.
- Brush tops of scones with milk and sprinkle with the crumbled Feta. Place on the preheated tin and bake in an upper shelf position for 12 to 15 minutes until risen and a nice golden colour.
- Cool on a wire tray.
- Delish served with soup or as a healthy snack drizzled with olive oil!!!!